sunnuntai 2. toukokuuta 2021

THEY COME AGAIN...

Eero Eerola(1884-1939)

They come again, those cool nights,
those gloom-wavering evenings,
lady moon shall weave across bays
glimmering silver bridges.

They come again, they come again,
the dreams of my mind awaken,
on the shore is already awaiting my maiden
and moonlight flowers gathers.

Now my maiden, my damsel of gloaming,
you with a white bark I shall fetch,
through the night the fairy tales of the moon listening
I'm rowing a bridge of gold.

Ne tulevat taas... has been translated from the page 105 of the anthology Jo valkenee kaukainen ranta: Suomalaisia runoja(1989), which was edited by Hannu Sarala.


#EeroEerola #FinnishLiterature #FinnishPoems #FinnishPoetry #Literature #Poem #Poems #Poetry #Verse

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti