tiistai 11. tammikuuta 2022

BARCAROLLE

Kaarlo Sarkia(1902-1945)

There's frost on the ground,
       soon shall snow.
Someone is rowing me away
       - this is like a dream,
me to the sea fetches.

       Fell the red night.
Seaward we row,
       and fire and blood
is the bridge of dusk.
       - I grieved, rejoiced once -

- Who shouted 'death'? -
       Joy in your eyes hides
and laughs your mouth:
       Life to death smiles,
spring new to the autumn.

       Gold all around,
land black is left behind,
       left forever.
I am fire blazing.
       To the sea swims the boat.

Away with the hamlet,
       tired I am of hamlets.
Away you can row me
       to the rocking arms of the sea,
not back fetch.

      I can't grieve,
the road of winds is mine.
      The joys of the soil can end,
I will receive the mirth of the waves,
       the land I don't miss.
 
Waters, surge!
      To be with the sea, the heaven!
Towards the great main!
       If we hit a shoal,
with you I will drown, without fear.

Barcarola was published in the collection Unen kaivo(1936).


#KaarloSarkia #Poem #Poems #Poetry

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti