keskiviikko 16. helmikuuta 2022

NIGHT BY NIGHT SOMETHING IN ME BRIGHTENS

Leif Färding(1951-1983)

Night by night something in me brightens,
     night by night something in me into beautiful changes.
        I got lost in a thick mist
             and only a distant eagle owl heard.
When came the time of the full moon and the time of the clear nights,
       I took my instrument and poetry made,
and even if the whole world from my poem would wander away,
   I dance and sing, find again
        myself, along a willow flute
            I travel into heaven.

Yö yöltä jokin minussa kirkastuu(1977) has been translated from pages 273-274 in the anthology Tämän runon haluaisin kuulla 2(1989),  edited by Satu Marttila(Satu Koskimies, 1941-), Juha Virkkunen(1941-2008) and Mirjam Polkunen(1926-2012).


#LeifFärding #FinnishLiterature #FinnishPoems #FinnishPoetry #Poem #Poems #Poetry #Verse

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti